In 1937, Lindberg’s baby was kidnapped and killed. The tragedy led to the development of baby monitors as a way to hear an infant’s cries from another room. The use of baby monitors has continued to grow in popularity over the years for many reasons.
Benefits of Baby Monitors
One of the benefits of using a baby monitor is that it can help you get more sleep. When you can’t hear your baby cry, you’re not as likely to wake up every time they make a noise. This can be especially helpful if you have other children who also need to sleep.
Another benefit of baby monitors is that they can help you catch problems early. If your baby isn’t eating or drinking enough, or if they’re having trouble breathing, you can catch these problems early by watching the monitor. This can help you get your baby the help they need before it becomes a bigger problem.
A final benefit of baby monitors is that they can give you peace of mind. Knowing that you can hear your baby if they need you can help reduce the stress of being a parent. It can also help you feel more relaxed when you’re away from your baby, knowing that you can still hear them if they need you.
5 Reasons to purchase a baby monitor;
- 1st reason: SIDS and other causes of infant mortality have decreased since the early 1990’s when most hospitals adopted baby monitors. Research indicates that if baby is in danger, the monitor will sound an alarm in the Nursery, giving parents a chance to intervene.
- 2nd reason: Baby monitors have been known to prevent crib death, which is also know as SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- 3rd reason: It can be a great form of insurance for parents, especially if they have other children in the home.
- 4th reason: Baby monitors help babies to sleep better.
- 5th reason: If there is ever a problem with your baby, you will be the first to know.
There are a few types of baby monitors on the market these days. The most popular type is the audio monitor which picks up sound waves from your baby’s room and sends them to a receiver that you wear around your neck or clip to your belt. There is also a video monitor which gives parents the ability to see their baby while they are sleeping. Whichever type of monitor you choose, it is important that you read the reviews before purchasing one. Monitors can range in price from $30 to $300.
Best Audio Baby Monitors
The best audio baby monitors are the ones that have a good range. You want to be sure that you can hear your baby no matter where you are in your house. You also want to make sure that the monitor has a low battery indicator, so you know when it is time to change the batteries.
Some of the best audio baby monitors on the market today are:
1. VTech Dm111: This monitor has a transmission range of up to 900 feet and it features a talk back intercom.
2. Philips Audio Avent SCD620/27: This monitor has a transmission range of up to 650 feet and it comes with a rechargeable battery.
3. VTech DM221: This monitor has a transmission range of up to 150 feet and it comes with a rechargeable battery.
Best Video Baby Monitors:
The Best Wifi Baby Monitors 2022best video baby monitors come with a high resolution, so you can see your baby clearly. They also have a wide angle lens, so you can see your entire baby’s room. Some of the best video baby monitors on the market today are:
1. Infant Optics DXR 8 Pro: This monitor has a resolution of 1080p and it comes with a wide angle lens, 5-inch monitor and an LCD screen.
2. Eufy Spaceview Pro: This monitor has a resolution of 720p and it comes with a wide angle lens, 5.8-inch monitor and an LCD screen.
3. Samsung SEW-3043W Brightview HD: This monitor has a resolution of 720p and it comes with a wide angle lens, 3.5-inch monitor and an LCD screen.
Q: What is the range of a baby monitor?
A: The range of a baby monitor can vary depending on the type of monitor you are using. The most common type of baby monitor is an audio monitor, which has a transmission range of up to 900 feet. The other type of baby monitor is a video monitor, which has a transmission range of up to 900 feet.
Q: What is the battery life of a baby monitor?
A: The battery life of a baby monitor can vary depending on the type of monitor you are using. Most audio baby monitors come with a rechargeable battery, while video monitors usually do not.
Q: What should I look for when purchasing a baby monitor?
A: When purchasing a baby monitor, you should look for one that has a good range, so you can hear your baby no matter where you are in your house. You should also look for one that has a low battery indicator, so you know when it is time to change the batteries.
Hi there! I am Christina, a mother of 3 and a recognized baby monitor expert. I started this blog, Baby Monitor Source to provide the most detailed guides and reliable reviews on non-wifi baby monitors. I also write in various reputable blogs including Motherhood HQ and having used most of the brands I write about, you can rely on my guides. You can reach me using my email, christina(at)babymonitorsource.com.