The Infant Optics DXR 8 is a high-quality baby monitor that has many features which are perfect for parents. The camera has excellent optics and resolution, and the audio is clear. The range is also good, and the parent unit has a long battery life. This monitor is definitely worth considering if you are looking for a good quality baby monitor.
Infant Optics DXR 8 Review
The Infant Optics DXR-8 is the perfect baby monitor for parents looking for a lightweight and portable option. With a 10-hour battery life on power-saving mode and 6 hours with the screen on, this baby monitor can go with you wherever you go. The full viewing control allows you to pan, tilt and zoom in on your child, while the interchangeable lens gives you a closer or wider view as needed. The robust and mature hardware offers years of iteration and feedback from parents, making the DXR-8 the perfect choice for any home.
The Infant Optics DXR 8 has a number of features that make it a great choice for a video baby monitor. These include the ability to zoom in further for a closer view, the option to remotely pan, tilt and digital zoom, an alarm function, two-way talk and a remote thermometer. It also features invisible IR night vision and can be expanded up to 4 cameras with Scan Mode. Plus, the interchangeable optical lenses make it versatile, and the battery life is excellent with 12 hours audio-only mode or 8 hours with live screen.
Infant Optics DXR 8 is a non-wifi hackproof baby monitor that uses 2.4 GHz frequency to transmit signals from camera to the parent unit. YOu can rely on it to guarantee 100% privacy unlike wifi monitors that often get hacked.
- great quality video and sound, very clear
- easy to use with a lot of features that work well
- great battery life both in terms of audio-only and screen on time (even if you don’t turn the screen off)
- adjustable movement; camera can pan 180 degrees side-to-side and 105 degrees up-and-down
- infrared night vision works surprisingly well in the dark
- very convenient to be able to hear everything in real time, even when you’re not looking at the screen
- can use audio monitor in baby’s room while parent unit is in another room with split-screen mode or invisible infrared mode
- room temperature display on parent unit is an added bonus
- zoom-in feature is nice and digital zoom isn’t too grainy
- interchangeable lenses is a great option that isn’t offered on some other monitors in this price range
- lullabies on parent unit are a nice touch, and you can turn the sound off completely on both units for no noise whatsoever
- infant unit has a rechargeable battery, which can be replaced when it eventually dies
- screen is very sensitive to light and even the slightest bit of direct sunlight will block out what you’re seeing on screen
- the power cord for parent unit is quite short – might need an extension cable for some uses
- can’t pan 360 degrees without turning off the digital zoom function
- the picture is quite pixellated when the digital zoom is in use
- weird to have to plug both units into power before either will work, even with full battery power indicated on screen
- picture during live video has a very faint “ghost” quality to it – gets much worse if you turn the sound off and just use the video monitor
summary: Overall, the Infant Optics DXR 8 is a great video baby monitor, especially considering the price point. It has a number of convenient features and impressive specs. The video quality is quite good, but could be better with some of the issues that it has. To find out more details or to purchase one for yourself, check it on Amazon today!
Hi there! I am Christina, a mother of 3 and a recognized baby monitor expert. I started this blog, Baby Monitor Source to provide the most detailed guides and reliable reviews on non-wifi baby monitors. I also write in various reputable blogs including Motherhood HQ and having used most of the brands I write about, you can rely on my guides. You can reach me using my email, christina(at)babymonitorsource.com.