Looking for a non-wifi baby monitor? Wondering which one is the best? Check out our recommendations for the top five non-wifi baby monitors. These monitors don’t require an internet connection, so you can keep track of your little one even if you’re nowhere near a wifi hotspot. Plus, they all offer features like room temperature monitoring and lullabies to help soothe your baby to sleep. So which one is right for you? Keep reading to find out!
What is a non-wifi baby monitor?
A non-wifi baby monitor is a device that lets you listen in on your little one and soothe them from anywhere using DECT or FHSS transmission technology that does not rely on Wifi. They’re usually battery or electric-powered, but some do offer rechargeable batteries as well. As long as the monitor stays plugged into a power source, you’ll be able to hear everything going on in the nursery or wherever you have your little one. You can use these monitors to keep tabs on napping toddlers, newborns, or older babies that are more likely to move around and get into trouble while you’re not looking.
What makes the best non-wifi baby monitor?
Even though all of these Best non-wifi baby monitors provide the basic function of allowing you to hear your little one wherever you are, some excel in additional features that may be more helpful than others depending on your child and the situations you’re likely to encounter as a parent. We recommend our top pick as it provides some of the best features out there for new parents. Plus, it’s priced competitively with the others on our list.
- Battery life: Some of these monitors can last up to 18 hours on a single charge (the top pick lasts around 10 hours). If you’re spending the night at your partner’s house, this means you won’t have to worry about bringing your monitor back home or finding an outlet for it.
- Range: Range is rated in the number of meters the monitor can work from its parent unit. The top pick has a range of 1000 ft, so you don’t have to worry about being too far away from your little one.
- Room temperature sensor: This type of feature will alert you when the room gets too hot or cold for optimal comfort. This is especially useful when babies are still young and you’re not 100% sure how to dress them for the weather.
- Alert types: Most non-wifi baby monitors offer sound, movement, or both types of alerts. Depending on your child’s age, either one may be more helpful than another. For example if you have an infant, sound or movement alerts may be best so you can keep track of them even if they’re not crying. If your toddler is more likely to move around, a movement alert will help let you know when something’s up.
- Lullabies: Many non-wifi baby monitors come with the option to play lullabies for your little one that you can control from the parent unit. This can help soothe them to sleep if they’re fussy or overtired.
Are non-wifi baby monitors safe?
All of these non-wifi baby monitors are absolutely safe to use as long as they’re being used correctly. Many parents worry that wifi technology could impact their child’s development, but this is not true. Even mobile phones do not affect the brain because there is no exposure to radiation with their use. However, you can check with your pediatrician before using any monitors to help relieve any concerns you may have.
What are the top five non-wifi baby monitors?
1) The Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor is our top pick thanks to its high quality images and adjustable camera angles that provide an optimal view of the nursery. It also comes with interchangeable lenses that you can switch out depending on if you want to use it for daytime or nighttime monitoring.
2) The Levana Jena Video Baby Monitor is our runner-up thanks to its easy setup and interface. You won’t have any troubles navigating the menu, choosing your favorite lullabies, or adjusting the volume. This one is also a favorite for use as a nanny cam.
3) The Philips Avent DECT Baby Monitor offers everything you need in a great monitor at an affordable price that won’t break the bank. You can rely on clear sound quality and adjustable volume, as well as talk-back functionality so you can soothe your little one to sleep.
4) The Motorola MBP36S is another favorite thanks to its easy setup and intuitive interface. It’s also compatible with mobile devices which makes it perfect for on-the-go parents looking to stay in touch with their child while they’re out of the house.
Hi there! I am Christina, a mother of 3 and a recognized baby monitor expert. I started this blog, Baby Monitor Source to provide the most detailed guides and reliable reviews on non-wifi baby monitors. I also write in various reputable blogs including Motherhood HQ and having used most of the brands I write about, you can rely on my guides. You can reach me using my email, christina(at)babymonitorsource.com.